Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tourney Report: 8/6/11 Sanctioned

The YGO Zexal Division Tournament officially starts today. All our previous tournament rankings and points have been brought back to zero :( Maybe at least this new system will give a clearer explanation to how Konami rates its players.

Being a start of a new season of dueling, lots of players went to the official shop and played.

Tourney Start: 5pm
Participants: 24 or so (yes, its still low, but by PH standards, that's plenty already for a weekly)

Deck Used: Tech Genus Scraps

Round1: vs. Chester (Dark World) O-O-x *lost die roll
He set a monster and 2 backrows. I feared that maybe he was playing DW and I didnt set any of my Warning and other traps besides MST. He used Lightning and I chained the MST. His play went slow from there I was able to win through card advantage and a final rush of Striker, Warwolf, and Scrap Dragon play. Game 2 I sided in Shadow Mirror and he got pinned by it. Lucky he didnt draw Ryko.

Round2: vs. Zaldy (Chaos Beat) O-O-x *lost die roll
He also did the same move as my previous opponent and again I feared DW. (Lol, why am I so paranoid?) So again I made the same counter-move of setting only chainable traps and Scrapstorm. Then I knew he wasnt DW and felt assured when he summoned Dimension Alchemist. His Chaos Sorc got owned by my Scrap beast with twin Horn of Phantom beast which I rode to victory. Again Game 2 I sided in Crows and Shadow Mirror but didnt draw any. However, still made a slow grind to win out in advantage. Scrapstorm owns!

Round3: vs. Karlo (Graveyard BF) X-O-O *won die roll?
I got OTK'ed by Burial from DD and DAD on 1st game. I sided in Cydras, Crows, and Shadow Mirror. 2nd game I controlled him early and won. 3rd game was crazy, he again had DAD and was able to summon it to destroy my Horn'ed Rush Rhino (or Scrap beast?) then next turn I drew Shadow Mirror. Luckily I had Chimera on hand and was able to summon Scrap Dragon to attack over his Trooper to leave him 300LP. His turn he activated DAD and I chained S.Mirror. Then he activated Burial from the DD to return his banished BFs and offered a handshake (since I was low on LP also). Good thing I remembered that I had Shadow Mirror that refused his Vayu to activate. LOL. He conceded when he also realized the same. XD

Round4: vs. Wslasher (Six Samurai) X-O-X *lost die roll
In all games he wasnt able to summon a Shien but had control of the field with a GM equipped with Spirit. His mained Dusts also caught me offguard in game 1 which costed me the game.

Result: 3-1 and continued to Top 8

Top8: vs. Sergio (Six Samurai) O-X-O *lost die roll
Forgot about game1. Game 2 he had United and Gateway. Game 3 I was able to BRD his Gateway, Shien, and 3 backrows w/c composed of 1 BTH. He didnt BTH my Cydra (w/c led to BRD when i summoned Striker) because he knew I also had a Scrap Chimera play next.

Top4: vs. Karlo, rematch lol but lost now. X-X-X *lost die roll
Game 1 he had Burial and DAD. Game 2 I was leading with my Shadow Mirror holding him down. But a major misplay on my part involving his Brionac costed me the game. Sad. My next draw should have been Monster Reborn.


Final Prize: 1 Photon Shockwave booster. LOL

Should have thought more about my last play. Haha. Sorry deck, I failed you xD
Wasnt able to watch the final match because if was already past 8pm and I still have to travel to somewhere.

MY decklist was:

Monsters: 16
3 Scrap Chimera
3 Scrap Beast
1 Scrap Goblin
3 TG Striker
3 TG Warwolf
2 TG Rush Rhino
1 Breaker, the Magical Warrior

Spells: 14
3 Pot of Duality
3 Scrapstorm
2 Scrapyard
2 MST
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Mind Control
1 Book of Moon

Traps: 10
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
3 Horn of the Phantom Beast
2 Dimensional Prison

Extra:
3 Scrap Dragon
1 Scrap Twin Dragon
1 Trishula
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Gaia Knight
1 Brionac
1 TG Wonder Magician
1 AOJ Catastor
1 No. 34 Aspiring emperor Hope
1 No. 17 Revise Dragon
1 Empty Space Sea Serpent Levaiel
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment